Lend a Paw
We would not be able to operate without our dedicated team of volunteers.
Lend a Paw is a program that covers all actions and fundraising events organised/attended by volunteers. It encompasses everything; from being directly involved with animal care, exercising, grooming, socialising, or even fostering the animals. It also includes all activities regarding our upcoming fundraisers.
Volunteering is a real commitment… Because of the training Paws Rescue Qatar volunteers require, we ask that people think extremely carefully about their ability to commit their time before applying to help out in the kennels, cat rooms or office.
We ask for a minimum of six months commitment, but of course we’d like people to remain with us a lot longer!
Ways You Can Help
- Fundraising and event volunteers are always needed to help us raise the money we need to cover our annual running costs.
- Help out at various fairs and bazaars, garage sales, the sponsored dog walk, the pet show and many other occasions.
- Kennel volunteers provide companionship, stimulation, training and assist our staff in the care and welfare of the dogs in the kennel.
- Administration volunteers are office/phone operators, who answer phone calls and give advice and information to the general public. These volunteers create and update files for every Paws animal, in addition to liaising with vets for appointments and arranging necessary transport for the animals.
* Please be aware that for insurance reasons, we are unfortunately unable to accept volunteers who are less than 16 years of age.